Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What's for Dinner: Week 3



[Monday]  Chicken Pisole
Review: Easy & pretty good...and something different than we usually make. I did subsitute a few things, such as the chili powder since I didn't have that on hand. And omitted the radishes, and used extra avocado and lime, you can never have too much of those in my opinion!
Recipe: Here
Ranking (out of 5): 3/5


[Tuesday]  Chicken with Mushroom Sauce & Asparagus 
Review: Believe it or not, Tuesday we had a celebrity chef, if you will (evidence above)! I had a really long day with work and asked Alex if he could plan and prep a meal. I knew he was certainly capable, but wasn't sure if I would come home to take out. But I was presently surprised to arrive to an amazingly yummy dinner. I'm normally not a huge fan of mushrooms, but the way he prepared them was delicious. Props to my boy :)
Recipe: Here (who knew he was a fan of Real Simple? One of my faves!)

Ranking (out of 5): 5/5 (c'mon you think i'd give less and chance him never cooking again!)

[Wednesday]  Shrimp Tacos 
Review: One of my staple favorites, I love shrimp, and again I love me some avocado and limes! 
Recipe: Not really a recipe for this one, just our favorite toppings mixed with shrimp and onions. I think tacos are one of those things that everyone has a different preference on, and there are so many yummy recipes. But, we did make up this yummy sauce (using yogurt to be a bit healthier of course: 3 tablespoons plain  greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and salt/pepper to taste)
Ranking (out of 5): 4.5/5



[Thursday]  Chicken with Delish Rub 
Review: This was just an ordinary chicken meal, really, but we did use this awesome rub I got Alex for Christmas from West Elm  (shown above)
Recipe: Again, just chicken with the rub, which we highly recommend and will probably try some other flavors, served with broccoli and biscuits!
Ranking (out of 5): 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment