Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: Invitations

When we got engaged I knew I wanted to handle as much as we could ourselves. A and I are pretty much both passionate DIYers...I love me a good craft. So for our invitations I spent a good bit of time coming up with the perfect design. I was a little overly ambitious thinking I was going to design AND print every single one of them. I succeeded in designing everything and home-printing the envelopes (purchased from Paper Source), but I used Wedding Paper Divas "uniquely yours" function to upload my design and let them do the printing. I was extremely pleased with the end product!
I purchased a stamp off Etsy from Rubber Stamp Press and embossed little tags to add an extra touch (we used this stamp throughout the wedding decor).

This is definitely one of the areas that we were able to save a good bit of money...which was huge because I don't know about you other brides but somehow a handful of other items came in over budget! 

Wedding Wednesday
More pics to come once I receive the professional ones :)

6 comments:

  1. Love your invites! And seeing 9.27.14 over and over again doesn't hurt ;) I absolutely love the ribbon with the stamped tag. SO CUTE!

    I did the same thing - designed our invites myself and then sent my design to Erin at Love, Fun & Football to bring them to life. Thankfully, I work with printers on a daily basis through work, so they were able to take care of that for me. Huge savings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I love the stamp you used! these are SO gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so beautiful! The idea with the stamp is great!!!
    Beardy Heart Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your invites! the idea of getting a stamp is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ombre, and the embossing really adds an amazing touch.
    I also thought I might DIY a lot...but quickly realized I needed to turn to professionals for the paper goods. I'm so impressed you did all this!
    Thanks for joining the link up!

    ReplyDelete